Work and Life at WFC
World Fellowship Center is hiring summer staff – Apply Here!
The positions that are available include the following: leadership and management housekeepers, servers, cooks, maintenance, and office positions. The majority of are in the window, June 1 – October 15. The primary season is late June through early September – priority is given to candidates who will be available for that entire window.
*If interested in Assistant Director and/or Staff and Volunteer Coordinator positions, please see special application instructions and details in Job Descriptions.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT WFC SO SPECIAL?
- The staff are a group of smart, fun, collaborative people co-creating an atmosphere of caring for each other and excellence of service
- The community is passionate, multicultural, intergenerational, and committed
- The setting is uniquely beautiful – from Whitton Pond onsite to local White Mountain excursions. During time off, you are able to take advantage of daily hike and bike outings, a mile long pond with canoeing, swimming, and kayaking.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and network with social justice activists – folks who have been working to make the world a better place for decades. From lectures and workshop offerings to providing orientation and support to guest presenters, staff are encouraged to take advantage of the many possible ways to engage.
- Among other things, programs are connected to progressive political and social issues, creating skills for organizing, and strengthening resilience in difficult times. There is also a wide variety of recreational, body movement, arts and culture programs.
- You will be working with 20 to 30 other people who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences – the collage of individuals is one of the things that makes World Fellowship the wonderful atmosphere it is!
- At least 18 years old (Limited roles are available for minors accompanied by an adult.)
- Able to work well individually and within a team dynamic, a self starter who can also support colleagues depending on the situation
- Understands the role as outlined in the job description (see individual position descriptions for details) and is committed to fulfilling said role to the best of one’s abilities
- A sincere drive to support World Fellowship’s values and mission
- Responsible, prompt, attentive, friendly, flexible, kind and compassionate
- Able to respond to stressful situations with patience and good humor
- 36 to 40-hour week with 1 day off per week
- Priority is given to those who can make a full 12-week commitment
- There is a weekly staff meeting that is required for all staff and volunteers
- Starting wage of $15/hr, plus free room and board. (Rates for returning staff and supervisory positions dependent on experience.)
- Shared housing, including bathroom facilities.
- Towels, linens, staff T-shirt, and on-site laundry provided.
- The same excellent food served to guests. Vegetarian, gluten free, and vegan options available.
- All facilities and program offerings are available for your participation. All staff will have the opportunity to support and participate in some programs as a part of the job responsibilities.
- Share your talents at Fun Night, every Friday evening – our family-friendly in-house talent show!
- WFC will assist with picking up staff from bus-stops, airports, etc., for initial arrival.
- Transportation to town (6-12 miles away) may be scheduled either with other staff members or using a company vehicle when it is not otherwise engaged. (Staff member will need to become a WFC approved driver.)
- Other staff excursions may be planned and executed throughout the summer as time and resources permit.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out this online application by Monday April 18.
Contracts will be offered by Monday May 16 and should be accepted by Monday May 23